Sunday, November 05, 2006

FROM ATHENS TO MAPLE TREE FARM

INTERNET FORUM IN ATHENS
I just received this link to notes from Rik Panganiban about the Internet Governance Forum in Athens.

http://www.rikomatic.com/blog/2006/11/the_internet_go.html

His tourist pictures of the city and the forum are at http://www.rikomatic.com/photos/athens_06/index.html

Many of the people that attended the UNESCO meeting in Paris were going on to this meeting. (See below for my hasty notes from that meeting.) It sounds like the Athens meeting was more productive than what I attended in Paris. Much of the energy from the WSIS civil society groups has gone into organizing around the internet.

OPPORTUNITY FOR A FULL POWER RADIO STATION IN THE HUDSON VALLEY

Today I met with Dharma Daily to discuss the possibility of applying for a full power radio station for the Hudson Valley. There are openings coming up at the FCC and this region is one that actually has spectrum space for new stations.

On the way to Dharma's I passed Maple Tree Farm.


This is where the Videofreex created their Lanesville TV, a weekly micro tv broadcast to their neighbors in the Catskills. These pioneer broadcasts eventually led the FCC to adopt a rule-making allowing for low power TV. Parry Teasdale who was one of the Videofreex became a consultant to the FCC for this project. Michael Couzens, who had been a member of TVTV, was a lawyer for the FCC and helped to create the opportunity for micro broadcasting, not only of TV. but eventually this helped to open the door for micro radio also.

2 Comments:

Blogger vstcomplex said...



I am very impressed with your post because this post is very beneficial for me and provide a new knowledge to me

Waves 11 Full Bundle for Windows

6:43 AM  
Blogger vstcyberpc said...

Waves 11 Full Bundle Crack I am very impressed with your post because this post is very beneficial for me and provide a new knowledge to me

11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home